AVENUE ONE has just reported the launch of Dyson V11 last May and how the cordless vacuum is designed to have 20% more suction power than Cyclone V10, its predecessor.
But the engineers at Dyson haven’t been resting. Dyson revealed the Dyson Digital Slim cord-free vacuum cleaner today (27 August 2020). This newest innovation is introduced as lightweight and powerful, engineered to deliver a barefoot clean.
This new machine is designed with Asian vacuum owners in mind. Dyson engineers discovered that Asian homes tend to be cleaned more frequently and the prevalence of hard floors in these homes demands superior fine dust pick up.
Because of the frequent cleaning habits of Asian owners, Dyson engineers put their efforts behind designing a lighter machine with a shorter wand that are more suited to frequent cleaning habits and users of smaller physique respectively. They also made sure that the machine has a powerful suction to give a barefoot clean.
The new Dyson Digital Slim features the powerful Dyson Hyperdymium motor and is 20% smaller and 30% lighter than the V11. And if you’re worried that a smaller and lighter machine performs more poorly, you’ll be happy to know that it still maintains the same constant and powerful suction that the V11 is known for.
At 1.9kg, this is Dyson’s lightest machine to date.
You can also look forward to these advances and features:
- A soft roller cleaner head that is 40% lighter, with a 20% lower profile.
- Carbon fibre filament and felt on the cleaner head is stitched together, rather than using adhesive. This reduces its weight while being able to achieve similar pick-up as the V11.
- Re-engineered airflow path through the cleaner head to create a more direct path for the airflow, which lets the machine deliver a better edge cleaning performance.
- While the Dyson V11’s main body is made of two pieces, the new Digital Slim is one piece, with seals, rivets and the thickness of walls all paired down, to achieve weight reduction.
- It has 3-in-1 abilities, allowing you to clean floors, mattresses, and hard-to-reach areas when you use different attachments.
- Its whole machine filtration captures 99.97% of microscopic particles as small as 0.3 microns, expelling clean air.
- Equipped with an airtight gasket around the cyclone assembly and a pressurised rubber seal around the advanced filter, the whole system is fully sealed. This feature prevents dust from leaking back into the air
- The intelligent machine comes with an LCD screen that shows the cleaning mode, and remaining run time, as well as offering filter maintenance reminders and blockage reports.
The Dyson Digital SlimTM vacuum will be available from 27 August 2020, priced up to S$849 at the Dyson website and and Dyson Demo stores at Dyson Service Centre & Demo Store – Capitol Singapore, Dyson Demo Zone – Westgate. Additional battery and charger are available to buy separately on the Dyson website.