Held on 11 November every year, 11.11 was originally a celebration for lonely hearts in China, bu has since become one of the most hotly anticipated sales days besides Black Friday and Christmas.
To make your shopping spree easier, we have rounded up the deals and promotion mechanisms of major retailers so you’d know what to look out for this 11 November:
11.11 has come early for Shopee, which has started rolling out various sales and games that lead all the way up to 11 November.
There is an expanded line-up of popular themed days, where users can enjoy close to three weeks of daily themed days in the lead up to sale on 11 November.
11.11 $1 Day
On 10 November, thousands of SGD1 goodies will be released on the Shopee app – users can look out for SGD1 lucky boxes released at 12am, 12pm, 10pm, as well as SGD1 Big Prizes where you spend SGD1 to win big amazing prizes.
Upsized collection of games
Shopee Catch – Users move their heads to catch falling coins and avoid bombs in order to win from an upsized coin pool of 111,111 Shopee Coins twice daily.
Shopee Strike – Users throw knives at a spinning orange and avoid hitting other knives in order to win up to $100,000 worth of Shopee Coins and vouchers.
Shopee Shake – Upsized coin pool of over six million Shopee Coins up for grabs. Users can invite up to 5 friends to play at the same time to win bonus coins. This will be happening twice daily throughout the campaign, 11 times during 11.11 Shopee Shake Day on 28 October and 7 times on 11 November.
Exclusive perks from Shopee’s 11.11 partners
- Citi, OCBC and UOB cardmembers: From 22 October to 10 November, enjoy SGD6 off all orders with a minimum spend of SGD0. On 11 November, cardmembers can look forward to an upsized discount of SGD10 off with a minimum spend of SGD80.
Users who sign up for selected M1 mobile or broadband plans: From 22 October to 14 November, you can enjoy SGD11 off their monthly bills for the first 6 months.
Win a Samsung phone: From 5 to 7 November, play a special adaptation of Shopee Slice to win a Samsung Galaxy Note10, M1 vouchers, Shopee Coins and more.
Miniso shoppers: From 25 October to 11 November, Singaporeans can get a Shopee X Miniso gift card worth SGD20 when they spend SGD10 at Miniso’s offline stores.
10% cashback all-day vouchers & 20% flash cashback vouchers will be released at 12AM and 12PM daily, valid for 1 hour with no minimum spend for the entire 11.11 Big Sale period.
6X flash deal time slots daily (12AM, 8AM, 12PM, 6PM, 8PM, 10PM) from now till 11 November, so keep your eyes peeled for all the different deals that you can snag!
More details on Shopee’s 11.11 sale here.
Lazada has gone big this 11.11 by offering shoppers up to 90% off products, up to SGD1,111 vouchers, and over 1,111 flash sales to participate in.
Lock in purchases before 11.11
If you worried that the item you’ve been eyeing will sell out once the clock strikes twelve, Lazada has a nifty function where you can place a non-refundable deposit to lock in your purchases before 11.11. You also get to enjoy early-bird prices after you’ve made payment on 11.11.
Slash prices off products
You can get friends to slash prices off selected products, up to SGD0! New deals are available daily at 9am.
- Stamp Hunt: Hunt for Lazada stamps at selected offline stores by scanning the QR code to enjoy a Lazada treat or partner in-store promotions.
- Livestreamed gameshow: Guess the price of selected products and stand to win SGD29,990 worth of vouchers.
- Mission centre: Complete daily missions to earn coins which can be exchanged for vouchers.
- Surprise boxes: 135 branded surprise boxes will be going at SGD11, SGD29, SGD49, SGD79, and SGD111 containing up to SGD400 of products.
Storewide flash sale on 11.11
On the actual day itself, 188 stores will be going on a storewide flash sale with up to 80% discount. See table below for participating brands and discounts offered:
More details on Lazada’s 11.11 sale here.
11.11 sales is the brainchild of Taobao, so naturally you can look forward to one of the most attractive details from the e-commerce site.
Annual 11.11 Countdown Gala
On 10 November night, Alibaba will broadcast a countdown gala live from Shanghai. Besides looking forward to performances by celebrities such as Taylor Swift, and G.E.M, you also get to engage in the activities on stage and grab deals as low as RMB1 through the Taobao app.
Promotions for cardholders
- Alipay Purchase Cards via AXS: From 1 to 12 November, buy any Alipay purchase cards at AXS Station or AXS mobile application and stand a chance to win a RMB200 or RMB500 Alipay Purchase Card daily.
- Credit Card offers: Get S$10 off when you pay with any Singapore credit card with a minimum spend of SGD100, and a waiver of the 3% service fee during 11.11.
- Taobao x UOB cardholders: The first 2,000 cardholders will enjoy SGD12 off with a minimum spend of SGD100 on 11 November.
- Taobao x Maybank cardholders: S$11 off a minimum spend of SGD100 for the first 500 cardholders and SGD$30 off a minimum spend of S$250 for the first 300 cardholders on 11 November.
Camp in-app at midnight, 9am, 12pm, 3pm, 6pm and 9pm on 11.11 to snatch flash deals as low as RMB1 for local favourites like mala crayfish and more.
- Free shipping: Grab 1,000 shipping deals in Tmall Signature Store with zero shipping fees.
- New user promo: Enter code SGP20 upon check out to enjoy RMB20 off with a minimum spend of RMB21, applicable to your first order in-app only and to a Singapore address.
- Tmall discounts: enjoy up to RMB20 off every RMB200 spend and RMB50 off every RMB1,000 spend for participating Taobao merchants, and put your Tmall shopping coupons into play with up to RMB50 off every RMB400 spend.
From 1 to 11 November, Taobao users can start loading carts with 11.11 deals and collecting shopping coupons that give you RMB50 off every RMB400 spend, stackable with hongbaos and other promo codes.
At 11am each day, you can also snatch hongbaos worth up to RMB111, and a RMB20 shipping hongbao to offset deliveries made via the official air and sea shipping. Giveaways worth up to RMB6,000 will be available daily on the official Taobao Facebook page.
More details on Taobao’s 11.11 sale here.
The countdown timer on Alibaba’s website has already started as they gear up for the huge festival, with prices of many items going up to 99% off.
You also get to play fun games to win prizes, coupons, and coins for additional discounts.
Preorder at a discount
You can preorder your sale items to get an additional 15% off – a win-win situation where you enjoy savings and ensure that you get the loots you want.
Be alerted to “fake sales”
The AliExpress Sale Alert Tool helps you track prices of the items you’re eyeing, alerting you of price changes. This also helps you avoid “fake sales”, where merchants scam you by increasing the prices right before the sale.
More details on AliExpress’ 11.11 sale here.
Besides offering free shipping, ezbuy has also upped the 11.11 game with attractive prizes and games.
Play games and win cash prizes
- Collect your popcorn: Check-in daily & earn free SGD22 + prime trial voucher
- B-ball shootout: Score goals & reveal up to 50% site-wide promo codes.
- Smash it & win: Smash the pinata & win over SGD800,000 worth of vouchers.
- Hunt the Clown: Find the clowns & win over SGD1111 worth of prizes.
- Daily deals that go up to 90% off with free shipping
- 11.11 Pre-sale special: Get a SGD50 voucher if you spend SGD100 from 4 to 6 Nov
- Super dollar deals: Everything will be going at either SGD3, SGD5, or SGD7 nett.
Enjoy SGD40 Rebates and win mystery vouchers with every purchase.
More details on Ezbuy’s 11.11 sale here.
Collect Wonder Tokens to take part in activities
- 1-6 November: Spend SGD10 and receive 2x 11.11 Wonder Tokens
- 7 November: Receive 1x Free 11.11 Wonder Tokens at 11am
- 8-11 November: Spend SGD30 and receive 3x 11.11 Wonder Tokens
You can use the Wonder Tokens to do the following:
- Draw special coupons of 5x MameQ
- Take part in Fresh skincare giveaway
- Take part in 11.11 Price Whack, where you can unlock the lowest price tier and purchase the items on 11 Nov
Promotions for cardholders and payment methods
- Citi: SGD10 cart coupon
- DBS: SGD15 cart coupon
- UOB: SGD12 cart coupon
- GrabPay: SGD5 cart coupon
- RebateMango: SGD10 cart coupon
- Standard Chartered: SGD10 cart coupon
- Dash: SGD5 cart coupon
- PayPal: SGD7 cart coupon
- Bank of China: 10% Money rebate
- Rely: 10% cart coupon
Play for discounts
Mamego roulette: Spin to win discounts of up to 60%.
Save on shipping
- Pay only one shipping rate when you check out multiple QPrime items from different sellers in a single cart.
- Enjoy free shipping when you spend SGD60 or more on Prime items in a single cart.
ZALORA’s crazy fashion sale on Singles’ Day is a one-time special offer where there is an over 50% drop in prices for most brands.
- Discounts can go up to 80%: Brands on sale include Fila, Topshop, and Dorothy Perkins.
- Luxury picks are going up to 80% off.
- Use code SINGLES25 and get an additional 25% off your discounted items.
Spin & Win
Spin the wheel once a day and get to win SGD150 gift cards and other attractive prizes.
More details on Zalora’s 11.11 sale here.
For 11 days straight, different furniture categories will go for 20% off.
Tip: Buy big-ticket items like mattresses (7 Nov) and/or bookcases and cabinets (11 Nov) for the biggest discounts, where you stand to save on products that cost up to SGD699.
More details on IKEA’s 11.11 sale here.
For Singles Day, GrabFood’s is offering SGD11 set meals from a curated list of popular restaurants. The campaign runs from now to 11 November, so you can already enjoy the discounted food.
Participating merchants include: Popeyes, Mr Bean, Yoogane, Poke Theory, Maki-San, and JolliBean. You can filter to the promotional items listing via the GrabFood app.
From Nov. 8 to 11, Superga will be offering discounts of up to 70% off their shoes, with prices starting from just SSGD30.
However, all sales will have to be made online.
From now till 8 November, the pharmacy is offering a site-wide SGD15 off with minimum SGD81 spend when you use code 15WATSON19 at checkout.
There will be items going at just SGD0.11 and SGD11, together with buy-1-get-1-free promotions.
You can also buy a superbox at SGD11 where you win items worth more than SGD11.
More details on Watsons’s 11.11 sales here.
Although commonly offered by online shopping platforms and retailers, you can also enjoy fantastic 11.11 deals offline at Design Orchard.
From 9 to 11 November, Design Orchard is offering 11% off all items, including local favourites like Matter, Weekend Sundries, Photo Phactory, and RE:ERTH products amongst other local labels at their space on Orchard Road.