Singapore Grand Prix is back after a two-year hiatus and the Formula One Singapore Grand Prix night race is finally back this year. Taking place between 30 September and 2 October, the event will also feature entertainment performances by American electronic music producer and DJ Marshmello, Irish pop vocal group Westlife, American rock band Green Day, and American musical group Black Eyed Peas.
The best way to enjoy all of its fanfare is certainly to secure tickets to the event, but even if you haven’t here are ways you can still soak up the atmosphere from a distance.
Best places to stay at during the Singapore Grand Prix 2022
To secure a view of a part or parts of the circuit, here are some of the best hotels you can check into.
- J.W. Marriott Singapore South Beach: Enjoy the view of the cars going down Raffles Boulevard at this hotel. Besides your own room, consider heading down to its infinity pool for a different experience. From S$537.08 per night. Book on Klook.
- Mandarin Oriental Singapore: This hotel offers you a superior view of the Marina Bay area, as well as the part of the track that’s near the Esplanade. From S$511.39 per night. Book on Klook.
- Parkroyal Collection Marina Bay: The hotel is in a prime spot for a few turns in the circuit. Even if you don’t get access from your room, check in anyway and look for a spot within the hotel that can offer you the best view. From S$412.24 per night. Book on Klook.
- Pan Pacific Singapore: Book a room that faces the marina to see parts of the circuit. Secure a room on a higher floor to make sure you won’t miss any of the action. From S$349.08. Book on Klook.
- Ritz-Carlton Millenia Singapore: In the right room and you’ll be watching the race cars zooming by the middle of the track. Besides a view of the circuit, you’ll also be enjoying an unblocked view of the Marina Bay area. From S$693.60 per night. Book on Klook.
- Swissotel The Stamford: To catch the cars as they go around Esplanade Park, check into Swissotel The Stamford, which is also one of the tallest hotels in the area. From S$359.83 per night. Book on Klook.
- The Fullerton Hotel Singapore: Ask for a room that faces the track so you’ll be able to catch the cars as they zoom down Esplanade Drive. From S$490.02. Book on Klook.
Best places to dine at during the Singapore Grand Prix 2022
15 Stamford by Alvin Leung
15 Stamford revs up the F1 excitement from 26 September with a myriad of specially curated dishes, drinks, and experiences. They include:
- From 26 to 30 September, 15 Stamford by Alvin Leung is offering dishes inspired by upcoming Grands Prix happening around the world at S$52++ each.
- Enjoy an F1-themed pre-race champagne brunch on 2 October. For S$148++, you’ll get to enjoy cocktails and mouth-watering highlights like freshly-shucked seasonal premium oysters, tiger king prawns, steamed mussels, hot smoked salmon, fresh sashimi, and wagyu beef flank.
- Continue the party at The Bar at 15 Stamford, with some DJ tunes from 3pm to 8pm to set the mood for the rest of the day. Booze up on Bombay Gin, Grey Goose Vodka, and Dewars 12y. Glasses go for S$16++, while a bottle costs S$160++, with free mixers for every bottle ordered. Brunch guests will also enjoy 20% off any orders of Dewars 12y Highball
Address: 15 Stamford Road, The Capitol Kempinski Hotel Singapore, Singapore 178906
1-Arden is presenting an exhilarating programme of entertainment and activities as the Formula 1 race returns this September.
Lifestyle impresario Michel Lu is organising an epic “PR1X” party in 1-Arden on 29 September, right in the middle of town and perfectly overlooking the Marina Bay Circuit.
Anticipate a line-up of stellar entertainment such as a stint by DJ Stephen Day, and sensational concoctions co-created by Silverleaf from Pan Pacific London and The Orientalist Spirits.
On 1 and 2 October, ‘The Circuit’ continues as the official after party location for Heineken, the Headline Global Partner for F1, at the 1-Arden rooftop. Take part in exciting race-themed activities amidst captivating light installations, and make a beeline for the F1 simulator for an immersive experience of driving a high-octane Formula 1 car.
Tickets start at S$200 per person.
Address: 88 Market Street, Level 51, CapitaSpring, Singapore 048948
Indulge in a specially curated six-course dinner set by Chef de Cuisine Poh Boon Neo.
Start with a Smoked Burratini with 5J Iberico Ham, followed by a velvety Lobster Bisque and a Tataki Hokkaido Scallop dressed with a seaweed beurre blanc.
For mains, select either the tender Patagonian Toothfish Thermidor or a show-stopping Steak Oscar, perfect for meat lovers.
Conclude with a creamy homemade Hazelnut Ice Cream Pop.
This set menu is available from 30 September to 2 October at S$195 per person, inclusive of a welcome glass of Delamotte Brut Champagne.
Address: 5 Fraser Street, Level 38, Andaz Singapore, Singapore 189354
Alley on 25
Enjoy the themed Lazy Breakfast menu at Alley on 25, which includes mains for selection such as a mouthwatering F1 Grill & Roast, Lobster Mac and Cheese or the Slow-roasted Pulled Pork Burger slathered with sambal BBQ sauce, and amped up with sweet grilled pineapple and crispy sweet potato fries.
Guests can help themselves to a buffet of seafood on ice, cheese platters, freshly made pastries, F1-themed desserts, and more.
Themed Lazy Breakfast is available on 1 and 2 October from 12 noon to 12.30pm and is priced at S$98 per person.
Address: 5 Fraser Street, Level 25, Andaz Singapore, Singapore 189354
Bread Street Kitchen & Bar
The bar team at Bread Street Kitchen & Bar has curated a special cocktail – Fuel-Up (S$19++) – to mark the return of the Formula One Singapore Grand Prix.
A velvety smooth mixture of Brass Lion Singapore Dry Gin, Campari, and sweet Sakura Vermouth, this is served in a stainless-steel hip flask, and then decanted into a rocks glass garnished with a blue orchid.
Address: 10 Bayfront Ave, #01-81, The Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands Singapore 018956
CÉ LA VI
In conjunction with Singapore Grand Prix, CÉ LA VI will be having a four-day futuristic race-themed celebration that starts on 28 September 2022.
Dine sky high at the Contemporary Asian Restaurant with a four-course dinner menu (S$300++) that spotlights produce-driven appetisers and mains that emphasise purity, simplicity and freshness by CÉ LA VI’s Executive Chef Maksym Chukanov.
Highlights include the marvellously sweet Boston Lobster & Uni with smoked Crème Fraiche, Furikake with Brioche, and Japanese King Crab Leg paired with Yuzu Beurre Blanc and Caviar.
You can’t talk about CÉ LA VI without mentioning its party tradition. The venue has partnered with an explosive list of guest DJs, including the internationally acclaimed DJ Danny Tenaglia, to headline the live act at the Club Lounge on 1 October. The all-day DJ line-up includes Malaysia’s veteran DJ Alam and local heavy-weights like Anand, Arsit P, Brendon, Dave Tan, Godwin P, James Selva, Kenneth F, Leonard T, Ramesh K, Shigeki, Suren, Tony Tay, Vinnie Q and Zafirah.
Finally, revel in the refurbished Club Lounge over delectable late-night snacks menu from 10.30 pm onwards. For an afternoon respite, the sleek open-air playground will open up to “The Brunch Club” with all-day live DJ sets on 1 and 2 October. Complete the experience with an unlimited alcohol package at S$148++ per person or a non-alcohol package at S$78++ per person.
Address: 1 Bayfront Avenue, Level 57, Marina Bay Sands SkyPark, Hotel Tower 3, Singapore 018971
LAVO Italian Restaurant & Rooftop Bar
Indulge in an F1-themed Party Brunch on 1 October (12pm to 3pm). This champagne-fuelled extravaganza will see F1-themed dining specials, along with LAVO’s signature dishes, as well as house wines, house pours and beers. To complete the merrymaking, Swiss-born producer and celebrated resident DJ of LAVO & MARQUEE New York Gil Glaze will take to the decks, bringing his brand of high energy music that will turn up the heat on the dance floor.
Sky-high celebration ensues with LAVO’s signature Sunday Champagne Brunch on 2 October (12pm to 3pm). Catch a bird’s-eye view of the blazing action from 57 stories above ground, and revel in a boozy afternoon over a sumptuous buffet featuring a diverse array of fresh seafood, aged salumi, oven-baked pizzas, hearty breakfast delights, delectable meats and assorted desserts. Elevate the experience with LAVO’s beverage packages to enjoy handcrafted specialty cocktails alongside free-flow flutes of Veuve Clicquot Champagne, Moët Rosé and the impeccable Dom Pérignon.
Prices start at S$98++ per person for buffet only.
Address: 10 Bayfront Ave, Tower 1, Level 57, Marina Bay Sands, Singapore 018956
Head over to LeVeL33, which prides itself as the world’s highest urban microbrewery, for its curated set menus and live broadcast of the race.
From 30 September to 2 October, the Winner’s Podium Sharing Menu will be available. This is filled with delicious sharing platters such as the Ultimate Surf & Turf (S$248++) featuring wagyu, West Australian marron and sides like Smoked Potato Puree.
Otherwise, consider the Weekend Roast (S$128++) set menu that serves as a great pre-race brunch. This includes the signature Chilled Seafood on Ice, Dry-aged French Duck Breast, and Slow Roasted Organic Pumpkin.
Full vegetarian options are available too.
Minimum spend during the F1 weekend (31 September to 2 October, from 5pm onwards) are at S$198++ per person (Terrace), S$158++ per person (Indoor).
Address: 8 Marina Boulevard, #33-01, Marina Bay Financial Centre, Singapore 018981
Keep the adrenaline pumping with Mr Stork’s race party in collaboration with Red Bull, Grey Goose, Auchentoshan and Peroni.
The party kickstarts at 5pm, and a rotation of DJs will keep the crowd going with live performances from 6pm all the way to 1am on the following morning.
Besides the popular food menu at the bar, guests can snack on the specially curated platter (S$70) or order themed cocktails and shots (from S$20).
Mr Stork race weekend party will be held on 1 and 2 October.
Cover tickets are priced at S$50 nett per guest, inclusive of one drink from the themed beverage menu. Prices for table bookings start from S$100 per guest from 5pm to 8.30pm and from S$150 per guest from 9pm to 12.30pm. Teepee bookings start from S$200.
Address: 5 Fraser Street, Level 39, Andaz Singapore, Singapore 189354
From 28 September to 2 October 2022, Tablescape Restaurant and Bar, presents a playful set of cocktails and snacks inspired by iconic landmarks of the urban racetrack.
Available only in the Bar and Lounge, guests can look forward to vibrant cocktails (S$18++ each) like the the fruity, bright red Padang made with a mixture of gin, strawberry puree and cranberry juice, and the refreshing Stamford made with a mix of Blue Curacao, Vodka and some Red Bull.
Prefer to graze while you drink and chat? Tablescape also presents a fun snack menu where everything is an easy S$15++ each – we’re eyeing the “Fast Track” Chicken Loaded Truffle Fries, a bowl of crispy fries topped with a housemade Chicken Bolo and Truffle Sand.
Address: 10 Coleman Street, Grand Park City Hall, Singapore 179809