Whether you’re a fan of Starbucks’ whimsical limited edition drinks or partial to their espressos, the Circuit Breaker has probably come between you and your favourite caffeine fix.
If you’ve stopped going for your regular caffeine run but are having signs of withdrawal symptoms, we may just have what you need. Here are the recipes to eight Starbucks store-favourites to try out at home, from their signature Caramel Frappuccino, to the limited edition Sakura Pudding Frappuccino you can only get in Japan.
1. Starbucks Caramel Frappuccino
View this post on Instagram
Wherever you go you need a Caramel Frappuccino from Starbucks… You guys know what i mean ‘Delicious’! ⭐️❤️???????☀️ #valencia #valenciaspain #spain #spaintravel #starbucks #starbuckscaramelfrappuccino #city #citylife #drinks #amazing #weather #walking #around #exploring #adventure #adventuretime #placetovisit #love #this #place #placestovisit #obsessed
What better way to cool down on a sunny day than having an ice-blended drink? Try making the crowd-favourite beverage yourself!
This crowd favourite is simple to make, all you have to do is to blend ice, coffee, milk, caramel sauce, and sugar together in a blender on high until smooth.
Serve with whipped cream and caramel drizzle to fix any sweet tooth.
2. Vanilla Latte
Another popular item on the menu, this is well-loved amongst people who aren’t fans of the bitter variety. Best part is, you can use any kind of milk (including plant-based ones) to make it more diet-friendly!
- 2 cups strongly brewed coffee, cold
- 1/2 cup milk or cream
- 2 tablespoons vanilla syrup
- 1 cup ice
- Fill two glasses with ice.
- Mix together coffee, milk/cream, and vanilla syrup before pouring over ice.
Source: Snacks and Sips
3. Iced Green Tea Latte
Not in the mood for coffee? Matcha is known to have anti-oxidants and boost metabolism while being able to perk you up, so it makes for a somewhat healthier break from coffee.
- 3 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons matcha powder
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2-3 teaspoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a small bowl, combine matcha powder and water. Stir until there are no clumps.
- Combine milk, matcha mixture, vanilla extract, and honey. Stir or shake in a covered container until well combined.
- Divide into two cups and serve over ice.
Source: Mildly Meandering
4. Starbucks Birthday Frappuccino
While this isn’t an actual item on the store menu, celebrate your birthday with this colourful and bright drink that’ll brighten up your special day.
Birthday Frappuccino ingredients
- 1 cup of milk or coffee ( chilled )
- 1 cup of ice
- 1 tbsp Vanilla syrup
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp Hazelnut syrup
- 2 scoops Vanilla ice cream
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth.
Add a touch of extra whimsy to this drink with raspberry whipped cream.
Raspberry Whipped Cream ingredients
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1 cup Heavy Cream
- 1 tsp Raspberry Extract or 1 cup of fresh raspberries
- 1 drop of Red Food Coloring
- Place a metal mixing bowl in the freezer for 10 min.
- Remove and add the sugar, fresh raspberries , food coloring, and cream to the bowl.
- Beat on low to medium, beat the cream until it is thick and you see stiff peaks.
Source: Inspiring Savings
5. Pink Drink
Made famous by beauty YouTuber James Charles, the “Pink Drink” is a light and sweet Strawberry Acai refresher great to have in drowsy afternoons to perk yourself up with.
- 1 cup hot water
- 2 berry green tea bags
- 1 cup coconut milk, chilled
- 2 cups ice
- ½ cup sliced strawberries
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- To cut down on the sugar, this copycat recipe uses frozen strawberries for sweetness. Place two cups of frozen strawberries in a saucepan and place over low heat. Cook the berries until they start to break down, about 30 minutes. Once the mixture has cooled, puree it using an immersion blender or place in a food processor. Keep chilled until ready to use.
Choose your favorite berry tea and steep two tea bags in one cup of hot water. Allow the bags to sit for at least five minutes. Before removing the tea bags, squeeze out any remaining juice.
- Pour in your strawberry puree and coconut milk and stir to combine with the tea.
- Divide your drinks evenly over two cups of ice and garnish with fresh sliced strawberries.
Source: Taste of Home
6. Sakura Pudding Frappuccino
This limited edition drink is only available in Japan, so if you’ve been getting FOMO from your feed, why not make it yourself at home? Although this one’s a little more complicated and requires ingredients like sakura powder, it’ll be well worth it to have a taste of Spring in the midst of a hot day.
- 100ml Milk
- 20ml Strawberry jam
- 30g Sakura powder
- 15ml Hot water
- 150g Ice
- Whipped cream
- Combine the hot water, strawberry jam, and sakura powder to make strawberry sakura jam.
- Blend the jam, milk, and ice.
- Add the pudding to your favourite glass, then pour the blend on top.
- Garnish with whipped cream.
7. Passion Fruit Tea Lemonade
View this post on Instagram
In the word of @arianagrande … you like my preset ? Gee, thanks just brought it ? I am soo happy to work with @allisonxoakes , you can buy all of her amazing presets & my preset we made together called “Literally” on her Etsy page in her bio!!! There’s not one preset of her’s that I don’t like? If you buy my preset make sure to tag us in it ! – – – – – – – #preset #starbucks #springtime #westwoodnj #pinkflowers #literallypreset #passionfruittealemonade #westwood #springweather #njblogger #njfashionblogger #keepingupwithamm #discoverunder10k #discoverunder5k
Did you know dairy can cause damage to your skin by increasing chances of acne? For a treat that is just as sweet, try this super easy dairy-free option.
- 2 Tazo passion tea bags
- 4 cups of water
- 4 cups of lemonade
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil to pour the hot water over the tea bags in a large pitcher.
- Steep the tea for around 5-10 minutes and then remove the tea bags. Fill the remainder of the pitcher with lemonade.
Store in fridge till cool.
Source: CopyKat Recipes
8. Cool Lime Refresher
Try this refreshingly tangy option instead if you don’t have a major sweet tooth: the combination of lime, ice, and mint is sure to keep you up and running.
- Lime Juice
- Fresh mint leaves, finely chopped
- Cucumber, peeled and chopped
- Sugar or sweetener
- Limes for garnish (optional)
- Finely chop the mint leaves and cucumber, and add to a pitcher of water for at least 15 minutes. Simplistically Living suggests letting them infuse in the water overnight for stronger flavour.
- Remove the limes and cucumber from the infused water, and stir in the lime juice and sugar.
- Fill a glass with ice and pour in your refresher.
Source: Simplistically Living