August may be coming to an end but it doesn’t mean you have to end your National Day celebrations. At least not at Portman’s Bar, the resident cocktail bar at PARKROYAL COLLECTION Marina Bay.
Presenting Heritage Afternoon Tea Picnic in an Oasis, Portman’s Bar is serving an array of sweet and savoury bites served in a picnic basket. It isn’t only the display that are on point; the treats are also enlivened with herbs, edible flowers and vegetables, freshly picked from its Urban Farm.
Now you’ll be wondering, what part of it has to do with National Day?
Here’s where it gets interesting: these afternoon tea bites contain elements of local flavours such as Milo Dinosaur and Singapore Chilli Crab.
Heritage Afternoon Tea Picnic in an Oasis menu
Here’s the menu you can look forward to, along with free-flow coffee and tea:
- Home-made Milo Dinosaur Scone served with Clotted Cream and Vanilla Pear Preserve
- Fruit Rojak served in Mini Cone and with Ginger Blossom
- Nyonya Otah Otah in Tortilla with Cucumber
- Roasted Chicken with Curry Mayonnaise on Focaccia Bread
- Nyonya Kaya with Cheese and Sea Salt Butter
- Singapore Chilli Crab in Toasted Brioche Roll
- Indian Butter Chicken in Mini Pie
- Satay with Peanut Sauce and Pineapple Salsa
- Babur Cha Cha Gateaux with Coconut Mousse, Yam, and Sweet Potato
- The Bao Zi made with Ivory Mousse and Mango Passion Curd
- Ondeh Ondeh with Pandan Mousse and Gula Melaka
- Sweet Wagon with Durian Patisserie, Macaron, Praline, and Cookie
AVENUE ONE visited Portman’s Bar to try out these goodies and our favourite savoury item was the Nyonya Otah Otah Tortilla and Satay. For sweets, the Ondeh Ondeh was irresistible. The Milo Dinosaur Scone was also surprisingly delectable and went very well with the Vanilla Pear Preserve.
The Heritage Afternoon Tea Picnic in an Oasis at Portman’s Bar will be available from now till 30 September, available daily at S$58. First seating is from 1pm to 3pm and second seating is from 3.30pm to 5.30pm. Get this voucher to enjoy 20% off the afternoon tea.