We love Christmas, and one reason this is one of our favourite holidays has certainly got to do with all that feasting we get to do with our family and friends.
Beyond the usual Christmas treats that we get every year, food & beverage brands also roll out limited-edition flavours that you’ll never get at any other time of the year, and we know you’re eager to give all of them a shot before they disappear for another year, so we’ve rounded up all the best flavours you need to try out this month!
The coffee chain is famous for rolling out unexpected limited-edition flavours, and their Christmas menu has always been highly sought-after.
This year, Starbucks has added a total of five flavours to their Christmas line-up. These include customer favourites as well as brand new flavours – all of which are super Instagram-worthy!
- Cold Brew Cream Frappuccino®: A creamy blend of white chocolate mocha sauce, milk and ice is topped with smooth, slow-steeped cold brew before being finished with fluffy whipped cream and a sprinkle of chocolate snowflakes. Available iced and blended; only available as a Tall-sized beverage.
- Matcha Cream Frappuccino®: White chocolate mocha sauce, milk, and ice added to aromatic pure matcha, then topped off with smooth whipped cream and festive chocolate snowflakes. Only available as a Tall-sized beverage.
- Toffee Nut Crunch Latte: The signature espresso is combined with steamed milk and toffee nut sauce before being topped with whipped cream and crunchy toffee nut bits. Available hot, iced and blended.
- Peppermint Mocha: Hot and cool at the same time, the Peppermint Mocha is a holiday classic made with signature espresso, steamed milk, sweet mocha sauce, and peppermint-flavoured syrup. It’s all topped off with whipped cream, a dash of mocha drizzle and crunchy red and white candy bits. Available hot, iced and blended.
- Holiday French Vanilla Latte: This creamy beverage brings together Starbuck’s signature espresso and creamy French Vanilla flavour before being topped with smooth butterfly pea foam. The drink is then finished with festive blue and white sprinkles. Available hot, iced and blended.
Holiday cakes and pastries are also available, ranging from sweet treats (including the cute Penguin Black Forest Cake & Winter Fox Hazelnut Cake!) to traditional savoury bites like Truffle Beef Wellington.
The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf
The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf’s seasonal menu for 2019 is all about the warmth and joy of Christmas, which is why you’ll find familiar and comforting flavours.
- Salted Popcorn Ice Blended®: Enjoy this sweet and savoury treat as a hot or iced latte, or as an Ice Blended® drink with the addition of gourmet popcorn for that extra crunch of holiday joy.
- Chocolate Mint Ice Blended® drink and Latte: Complete the festivities with the Chocolate Mint Ice Blended® drink and Latte which combines the rich chocolatey flavours with a cool minty finish. This decadent and creamy treat is the perfect cup of holiday cheer!
- Red Velvet Cocoa or Ice Blended®: A returning favourite, fans of red velvet can also get their fix with the Red Velvet Cocoa or Ice Blended® – a unique non-caffeinated beverage inspired by the crimson dessert.
Other than the seasonal drinks, you can also indulge in festive treats such as a mini Classic Log Cake, Mango Passion Fruit Log Cake, Almond Blueberry Cake and more.
The queues at Shake Shack may have died down a little since its opening in April, but we’ve found a reason why many people (you included!) will be queueing at the Jewel outlet all over again: Shake Shack has just launched its Christmas Cookie Shake in Singapore!
Retailing at SGD7.80, this is a sugar cookie frozen custard topped with whipped cream, crumbled shortbread and red and green sprinkles.
This is the first time the shake will be offered in Singapore after becoming a holiday tradition in the U.S., and we can only hope that it will become a Christmas menu staple for us as well!
Regular Breadtalk customers will know that the bread chain always releases quirky flavours to celebrate different occasions and festivals, and this year’s Christmas is no different.
The new Christmas bread series will consist of the following:
- Nutty Ring-a-Ding (SGD2.20): A brioche ring topped off with crunchy walnuts, almonds, pumpkin and sunflower seeds.
- Chicky Yule Crust (SGD2.20): A chicky pizza-inspired twist on the classic croissant with smoked chicken breast, broccoli, olives and tomatoes.
- Merry-Go-Round (SGD2.20): A nutritious wreath featuring spinach natural yeast dough with cranberry cream cheese filling.
- Jolly Candy Cane (SGD2.20): Featuring a creamy custard filling with raisins, this jolly cane got its pinkish hue from dragon fruits.
*Prices may vary depending on location
We know you love having a good cup of kopi and fresh toast at Toast Box, but we think you may ditch your regular order for the whole of December to indulge in their Christmas menu.
Adorned with a Christmas bell stencil in fine icing sugar, the Merry Choco Brownie (SGD2.40) is a rich and decadent treat chock full of chocolate and chopped walnuts.
Toast Box has also put a twist on the quintessential pound cake with the Cherry Butter Cake (SGD2.20), featuring a fluffy butter sponge cake dotted with Yuletide-inspired red and green cherries crowned with a sprinkling of snow-like powdered sugar.
Pair these delightful treats with the Jolly Berry Tea (SGD3.80), a strawberry-infused Ice Teh-O topped with fresh strawberry slices and a squeeze of calamansi, for a relaxing afternoon tea with your loved ones on Christmas Day!
You can’t do without a turkey at Christmas dinner, but for those who dread the prep work that goes into roasting a turkey or simply cannot finish a whole turkey, Burger King presents the next best alternative: turkey burgers!
This festive season, Burger King Singapore has launched two new burgers: Santa’s Turkey Ham & Beef and Santa’s Turkey Ham & Chicken. Order in these burgers for a hearty meal with your family without losing any of the festive vibes.
Christmas isn’t quite complete without a cake, so Plain Vanilla has rolled out a variety of cakes for you to share with your family and friends, including cupcakes, log cakes, and fruit cakes.
The ever-classic Christmas Hummingbird cupcake is topped with a stunning baked pineapple flower, the White Chocolate Raspberry Champagne will have you ready for celebrations and parties of all sorts, while the alcohol-free Triple Chocolate Peppermint can be enjoyed by both the young and young-at-heart alike.
You can start placing your orders for Christmas bakes from now to 20 December 2019, and they will be available for collection or delivery until 31 December 2019 (for Christmas cakes). Do take note that Plain Vanilla requires three days’ advance notice for cakes.
Click on these Chope banners for discounts!
Nothing screams festive more than mint, which is why premium Taiwanese bubble tea chain Woobbee has partnered with Deliveroo to launch three new festive flavours for a sweet Christmas this year!
Available from 16 Dec 2019 to 16 Jan 2020, the minty drinks – Mint Mocha, Mint Choco and Mint Milk Tea – are sure to satisfy the sweet tooth of boba fanatics. Chewy strawberry pearls can also be added for a fruity bite.