Chocoholics are going to be excited over this: a chocolate-themed afternoon tea buffet is going to be available at L’Espresso. Goodwood Park Hotel – but only for a limited time.
Showcasing a repertoire of sweet and savoury items, you can look forward to an assortment of sandwiches, freshly baked traditional English scones, salads, crunchy nibbles, hot savoury delights, chocolate pastries, and a towering chocolate fountain.
L’Espresso comes with the stylish open-concept kitchen, so you can feast their eyes on the à la minute preparation of selected buffet items.
Chocolates may usually be associated with sweet treats, but you’d be surprised that there is a strong repertoire of savoury chocolate items at the buffet, including the following:
- An array of dainty finger sandwiches with savoury fillings balanced with gentle sweetness of white or chocolate bread.
- Open-faced sandwiches with delectably artful creations, which see chocolate harmonising gracefully with the hearty flavours of Duck Rillette with Orange Chocolate Ganache & Pistachio Nutand the richness of Jamon Iberico & Apricot on Chocolate Pecan Nut Roll.
- Traditional Mexican Beef Stew with Chocolate & Mini Baguette and the Crispy Shrimp & White Chocolate Arancini are set to enchant with familiar flavours that have been given a twist and infused with the refined notes of 55% and 70% Valrhona chocolate and white chocolate respectively.
Of course, you can also expect a lavish dessert section, which includes these:
- Mövenpick Ice Creamin the appealing variations of Chocolate, Chocolate Mint, and Vanilla.
- Chocolate pastries, from Semi Chocolate Cream Tartto morsels of ambrosia in a selection of Chocolate Pralines.
- The luscious Jivara Earl Grey Raspberry, a lovely creation boasting citrusy fragrance marked with hints of caramel and vanilla from Valrhona Jivara 40% milk chocolate.
Other highlights include a Chocolate Fountain, replete with condiments such as Assorted Seasonal Fruit Skewers and fluffy Marshmallows. The eye-catching centrepiece is surrounded by a dazzling medley of captivating desserts such as the silky smooth Slow-Baked Chocolate Tartlets, Chocolate Fondant, and White Chocolate Mousse & Berries Shooter.
To complete the experience, a wide selection of classic and special blend premium teas are offered alongside coffee and beverages such as iced lemon tea and hot chocolate. Don’t forget to try The Number 1 Tea, a TWG Tea blend exclusive to Goodwood Park Hotel. It is a smooth black tea blended with a secret mélange of candied sweetness and evokes the velvety notes of creamy chocolate pastries. If you ask us, we think it’s an excellent accompaniment to the indulgent buffet!
This chocolate-themed Afternoon Tea Buffet is available from 8 March to 28 April 2019, in conjunction with International Women’s Day.
Mondays to Thursdays:
2pm to 5.30pm
S$45++ per adult with 2 servings of coffee or tea
S$28++ per child from age 6 to 11 years old
Fridays to Sundays, Eves & on Public Holidays:
12noon to 2.30pm – 1st seating
3pm to 5.30pm – 2nd seating
S$48++ per adult with 2 servings of coffee or tea
S$30++ per child from age 6 to 11 years old
As a tribute to the date, on 8 March 2019, all ladies dining at L’Espresso for the Afternoon Tea Buffet will enjoy a special price of S$38++ per person.