Mid-Autumn festival will fall on 10 September this year and we’re glad that mooncake-gifting is probably going to be back in swing with the economy opening up.
If you’re currently shopping for the best mooncakes in 2022 to gift to your loved ones or business associates, you’re on the right page. AVENUE ONE has curated a list of our favourite selections. These don’t just boast exceptional flavours but are also presented in exquisite packaging that’s made to impress.
Grand Hyatt Singapore
If you’re looking for a sophisticated gift option for business associates or loved ones with discerning taste buds, Grand Hyatt Singapore’s mooncake collection comes highly recommended.
The most popular flavours are probably the three indulgent alcoholic ones, presented as snowskin mooncakes, which have returned to the menu by popular demand.
These flavours include Champagne, Lychee Martini, and Strawberry Tequila. The first two options are perennial favourites that are crowd-pleasers, while the latter is great for those who are looking for something sweeter and fruitier.
Apart from these alcoholic flavours, those who love snowskin mooncakes can also choose from flavours including the Black Sesame and Ginger, which boasts a sweet and nutty flavour with a slightly spicy twist, and the super-decadent Mao Shan Wang, which features fresh, creamy durian flesh.
If you’re looking for something different, Grand Hyatt Singapore has introduced a new flavour in its traditional baked mooncakes menu: Orange Lotus with Double Yolk and Melon Seeds.
This has a refreshing zesty flavour that balances the savoury salted egg yolk, putting together a novel mooncake you can’t resist.
The traditional selections also include classic signatures such as Sesame Lotus with Double Yolk, White Lotus with Double Yolk, and White Lotus with Melon Seeds.
These mooncakes are all packed in elegant gift boxes that are decked in red and gold accents, with motifs that are inspired by celestial clouds from Chinese culture, as a tribute to the celebration of joy and luck during this festival.
- Assorted snowskin mooncakes (box of eight): S$80 that packs two pieces of each flavour – Champagne, Lychee Martini, Strawberry Tequila, Black Sesame and Ginger.
- Assorted snowskin mooncakes (box of four): S$45 that packs one piece of each flavour – Champagne, Lychee Martini, Strawberry Tequila, Black Sesame and Ginger.
- Mao Shan Wang (box of eight): S$90
- Assorted traditional mooncakes (box of four): S$80 that packs one piece of each flavour – White lotus with Roasted Melon Seeds, White Lotus with Double Egg Yolk and Roasted Melon Seeds, Orange Lotus with Double Egg Yolk and Roasted Melon Seeds, Sesame Lotus with Double Egg Yolk and Black Sesame Seeds.
- Assorted traditional mooncakes (box of two): S$45 that packs two pieces of White Lotus with Double Egg Yolk.
Promotion: Enjoy 15% discount from the 1 August 2022 to 31 August 2022 when you purchase at Grand Hyatt Singapore’s online store or through the mid-autumn pop-up store at the hotel’s lobby.
Availability: All mooncakes will be available for sale till 10 September 2021. Contact the shop at +65 6887 5492 or email [email protected] for any enquiries.
Address: 10 Scotts Road, Grand Hyatt Singapore, Singapore 228211
Mdm Ling Bakery
For a fun and unique mooncake collection that’s great for gifting, we certainly recommend Mdm Ling Bakery’s, which has released the world’s first MONOPOLY Mooncake Street Smart Edition, in partnership with Hasbro.
Mdm Ling Bakery has previously released mooncakes with game board sets such as Snacks & Ladders, Imperial Chinese Chess, and International Chess Mooncake Set, however, this MONOPOLY one certainly takes the cake (no pun intended).
The box that houses the mooncakes can be opened up to reveal the game board, which features street names that are named after Mdm Ling’s signature cookies and their ingredients.
The box also includes the counters, MONOPOLY money, Chance and Community Chest cards, and houses and hotels, so you can get to the game play immediately.
In terms of mooncake flavours, you can choose from the following:
- Lavalicious! Signature Series: This is a halal-certified and vegetarian range that includes the Japanese Matcha Green Tea Mooncake, Nanyang Coffee Caramel Mooncake, Hong Kong Salted Egg Yolk Custard Mooncake, and Belgian-Italian Chocolate Hazelnut Mooncake. We recommend going for this if you want an Instagram-worthy shot that features delicious ingredients flowing out as you cut through the mooncakes.
- Desserlicious! Nostalgic Series: This vegetarian range is inspired by Chinese desserts and includes the Orange Peel Red Bean Mooncake, Longan Dan Feng Tea Mooncake, Osmanthus Goji Berries Mooncake, and Peanut Sesame Paste Mooncake
- Yummylicious! Cookie-Inspired Series: Since Mdm Ling Bakery is known for its signature cookies, it makes perfect sense to have a range that’s inspired by them. Flavours include Salted Mung Bean, Japanese Purple Sweet Potato, Cranberry Florentine Assorted Nuts, and Savoury Chicken Floss
- Luscious! Traditional Class Series: This includes classic flavours, Pure White Lotus with Melon Seeds and Pure White Lotus with Melon Seeds and Salted Yolk. These are also halal-certified and vegetarian.
- Lapi-licious! Floral Artistry Series: This is kueh lapis meets mooncake, and features flavours including Belgium Chocolate, Coffee Tiramisu, Signature Original, and Fragrant Pandan. Note that this comes in a gorgeous Peranakan-inspired box instead of the MONOPOLY set.
AVENUE ONE’s favourites: We truly enjoyed the decadent Belgian-Italian Chocolate Hazelnut Mooncake and the Nanyang Coffee Caramel Mooncake. The former is a crowd-pleaser that will delight any chocoholic and the latter stood out because of the use of Nanyang Coffee flavour that flows out from the mooncake as you bite into it – something we haven’t seen anywhere else.
Prices: S$118 for the MONOPOLY Street Smart sets and S$98 for the Lapi-licious! Floral Artistry Series.
Promotion: Get 34% off on Shopee.
Availability: From now till 10 September on the Mdm Ling Bakery website or call 8468 0201
Roku Gin x Janice Wong
Roku Gin partners Janice Wong to launch a collection of snowskin mooncakes that features the well-balanced, intricately brewed Japanese craft gin.
- Sakura Strawberry Gin: a sweet and floral treat that showcases the Sakura flowers and leaves present in Roku Gin
- Bergamot Yuzu Gin: a refreshing mooncake flavour with a citrusy tang, enhanced by the acidity of yuzu peel
- Matcha Lemon Thyme Gin: this has an earthy flavour that complements the green teas in Roku Gin.
These delectable mid-autumn confectionaries come in an intricately designed rabbit-themed tin. This special bundle includes a 200ml bottle of Roku Gin and two ornate ceramic cups, making it a perfect gift or treat to share with family and friends.
AVENUE ONE’s favourite: The Bergamot Yuzu Gin has a refreshing flavour that brings out the taste of the gin. This will be the flavour to look forward to if you are a gin-lover.
Price: S$138 for a set of eight.
Availability: Now till 10 September. Order online.
Address: See list of outlets here
Newly opened JU Signatures debuts with signature Teochew Orh Nee Mooncakes crafted by ex-Peony Jade Group’s Dim Sum Chef, Wong Kok Shyong.
Handcrafted using premium ingredients, these Teochew Orh Nee Mooncakes are made with healthier considerations such as reduced sugar, less peanut oil, natural colouring, and no added preservatives.
Moulded and shaped by hand, the spiral layers are intricately held by the extra thin, crisp crust. The handmade Orh Nee paste is another highlight. This is slowcooked for up to five hours so that it is velvety-smooth, creamy, with a well-calibrated level of sweetness that fuses perfectly with the flaky Teochew pastry crust.
Flavours include Pumpkin Orh Nee, Pumpkin Orh Nee with Single Yolk, Orh Nee with Double Yolk, and Matcha Mochi Lava Orh Nee.
AVENUE ONE’s favourite: We enjoyed the Flaky Teochew Orh Nee with Double Yolk. We love how creamy the Orh Nee is, contrasting its texture against the flaky crust. It is also among the less sweet options we’ve tried this season, without compromising on taste. The saltiness of the Double Yolk also gives this mooncake more dimension.
Price: From S$78 for four pieces
Promotion: 25% off on Shopee. Shopee flash deal on 19 August for further discounts.
Availability: Now until 10 September. Call 8876 7498, email [email protected] or visit its website
Address: Maju Avenue, Singapore 556682 (facing myVillage). Note that JU Signatures’ mooncakes will also be available at the Takashimaya Mid-Autumn Festival Mooncake Fair 2022, from now till 10 September.
Baker’s Brew presents The Louvelle Collection, inspired by luxury Parisian fashion. Its packaging is stunning; it features a clear case in striking mandarin orange and a bespoke silk bow, which makes unboxing it extra fancy.
In terms of flavours, look forward to the perennial White Lotus, elegant Ispahan, complex Black Sesame, and classic Red Bean baked mooncakes. These are crafted with less sugar and no added preservatives.
The Traditional Set includes four Traditional Single Yolk Baked Mooncakes and retails for S$72, while the Assorted Set includes one each of the Traditional Single Yolk, Ispahan, Japanese Red Bean Citrus, and Black Sesame flavours and retails for S$78.
Promotion: Use MOONCAKESUPEREB2022 for 25% off. Valid till 11 August.
Availability: Now till 10 September. Its website, in store, or on Shopee.
Address: Multiple locations, see addresses online
For a healthier choice, consider the mooncakes by SunnyHills, which have 65% fewer calories than traditional selections.
Go for the Taiwan’s No. 1 top-selling Pineapple Custard Mooncake, made with non-GM pineapples organically grown and purchased from family farms in Taiwan, or try the all-new Kougyoku Apple Mooncake, made from ruby red apples sourced from Aomori Ken in Japan.
SunnyHill has a secret curing process that helps retain the unique ume-flavours without any additional artificial additives, embracing the natural tanginess of the Kougyoku Apples with a rich velvety roasted sweet potato puree, making this a delectable treat for all to enjoy.
Besides these, as part of SunnyHills World Project, FORBIDDEN has returned with the world’s first-ever SuperFood x Durian Mooncake, powering up the King of Fruits with superfoods açai and coconut.
The all-natural Açaí Snowskin Mao Shan Wang Durian Mooncake features 100% pure durian paste made from fresh Mao Shan Wang durians, harvested from trees over 18 years old in Pahang Malaysia.
The creamy centre is enveloped with the purple velvety soft açai snowskin, packed with high antioxidants, fibre and calcium, and an elegant lilac hue from nature’s purple gold.
The Coconut Snowskin D24 Mooncake, on the other hand, incorporates tender white coconuts – known for their high nutritious and low gluten properties – into the refreshing light and soft snowskin. It balances the delicate richness of the D24 durians, harvested only from trees over 22 years of age, to create a masterpiece for the most discerning.
- Pineapple Custard Mooncake: S$53.90 for box of six
- Double Happiness Mooncake Gift Box: S$55.90 for three pieces of Pineapple Custard Mooncakes and three pieces of Kougyoku Apple Mooncake
- Lucky 7 Mooncake Gift Box: S$39.50 for one piece of Pineapple Custard Mooncakes, one piece of Kougyoku Apple Mooncake, and five pieces of Pineapple Cakes
- Acai Snowskin Mao Shan Wang Mooncake: S$110 for box of four
- Coconut Snowskin D24 Durian Mooncake: S$90 for box of four
- SUPERFOOD Snowskin Durian Mooncake: S$100 for two pieces of Acai Snowskin Mao Shan Wang Mooncake and two pieces of Coconut Snowskin D24 Durian Mooncake
Promotion: 35% off on Shopee.
Availability: Now till 10 September. Order on its website or Shopee.
Address: 3 Seah Street, Singapore 188379 (besides Raffles Hotel Carpark entrance) and 391 Orchard Road, #B2-27A, Ngee Ann City Tower B, Singapore 238872
Holiday Inn Singapore Orchard City Centre
Presenting a meticulously curated baked mooncake collection, the hotel is offering a delightful selection of contemporary and classic-flavoured mooncakes this year.
Cempedek is the new flavour that has been unveiled this year, which you have to look out for.
This features a harmonious balance of sweet and savoury, infused with a tangy fruity taste.
Other perennial favourites you can look forward to include White Lotus Single and Double Yolk, Black Sesame Paste, White Lotus Macadamia Nuts, and Mixed Nuts and White Lotus Macadamia Nuts.
Holiday Inn Singapore Orchard City Centre also poured in effort in making sure the presentation of the mooncakes is exquisite; mooncake sets are placed in an elegant handbag intricately designed with synthetic woven rattan webbing, lined with polyurethane leather.
Finally, all mooncakes by Holiday Inn Singapore Orchard City Centre are Halal-certified by MUIS, making them great delicacies to be shared with everyone.
Read more about the collection here.
Prices: S$68 per set
Promotion: Special rates for bulk orders above 10 sets.
Availability: Now till 10 September. Pre-order online, call 6730 0110 or email [email protected]
Address: 11 Cavenagh Road, Singapore 229616
Resorts World Sentosa
If you’re looking for something luxurious, Resorts World Sentosa (RWS) certainly doesn’t disappoint.
Michelin-starred table65’s Chef de Cuisine Dayal Kesha created a decadent surprise filled with healthy premium ingredients in the Pearl of the Sea Snow Skin Mooncake.
This luxurious creation stars a velvety white chocolate ganache surrounded by a sencha and white lotus paste with briny pops of caviar enveloped in a Champagne snow skin.
Guests can also enjoy mooncakes with Champagne as RWS collaborates with Perrier-Jouët for the first time this year.
The sophisticated Treasured Snow Skin Mooncakes set includes a bottle of Perrier-Jouët’s NV Grand Brut Champagne for the ultimate indulgence this Mid-Autumn Festival.
For even more luxurious options, consider the Dragon’s Amethyst Snow Skin Mooncake by Feng Shui Inn, which features a filling of egg custard, white lotus seed, organic raw ironbark honey and American ginseng known to boost energy and strengthen the immune system. Delicately wrapped in a red dragon fruit and citrus snow skin, it is fruity and milky with an earthy sweetness.
For a mooncake that comes in a vibrant hue, consider the striking blue-hued Ocean Sapphire Snow Skin Mooncake by Ocean Restaurant’s local Chef de Cuisine Bernard Lim. It features Aonori dried sea lettuce, flavoured green pea paste, candied lemon, sea salt buckwheat biscuit and roasted pine nuts encased in an antioxidant-rich rainforest acai berry snow skin.
To deliver an elevated mooncakes experience, the Feng Shui Inn Snow Skin Mooncakes are accompanied with two specially handpicked teas – Top Grade Narcissus and Top Grade Dragon Well – from Tea Chapter, Singapore’s largest and oldest teahouse.
Finally, for baked mooncake lovers, RWS has also curated five healthier classics with lower sugar content: Low Sugar White Lotus Seed Paste with Melon Seeds, Low Sugar White Lotus Seed Paste with Single Yolk , Low Sugar White Lotus Seed Paste with Double Yolk, Low Sugar White Lotus Seed Paste with Macadamia Nuts, and Mungbean with Coconut Flakes.
- Treasured Snow Skin Mooncakes by table65 and Ocean Restaurant: S$218 nett per box of four pieces packaged with a 750ml bottle of Perrier-Jouët Champagne
- Feng Shui Inn’s deluxe mooncake set: S$138 nett per box of four pieces accompanied with the Top Grade Narcissus and Top Grade Dragon Well teas from Tea Chapter.
- A box of traditional baked mooncakes: from S$70
Promotion: Enjoy 30% off every order made with Mastercard.
Availability: All mooncakes will be available for sale till 10 September 2022. Orders can be placed via email [email protected], phone 6577 6688, on the website, or at Feng Shui Inn and Malaysian Food Street.
Marina Bay Sands
Inspired by the full moon, the mooncake sets by Marina Bay Sands come in four unique packaging and five delectable flavours.
Traditional baked mooncakes are reimagined in the Premium Edition (Modern) (S$88) through contemporary flavours such as the XO Dried Scallop Wu Liang Ye, Truffle Bak Kwa Red Lotus, Jin Hua Ham White Lotus, and Bird’s Nest with Red Date, while the Premium Edition (Classic) (S$88) comes in a set of four White Lotus Double Yolk mooncakes.
Impress loved ones and business associates with two superior mooncake packaging in auspicious crimson leather-textured boxes: the Luxury Edition (S$188) and exclusive Limited Edition (S$388) with Christofle silverware.
As an additional touch of fun, for the first time, Marina Bay Sands has incorporated an augmented reality (AR) element to its packaging, where guests can scan a QR code to view a delightful animation.
Prices: Stated in writeup above
Promotion: Sands Rewards LifeStyle members enjoy a 20% discount and an additional 10% earnings for all online pre-orders and direct purchases.
Availability: Now till 10 September. Pre-order online, email [email protected] or call or WhatsApp +65 9457 2958
Address: 10 Bayfront Avenue, B2, The Shoppes at Marina Bay Sands (Sampan Ticketing Counter), Singapore 018956
Origin + Bloom
Delight in a set of four artisanal baked mooncakes by Origin + Bloom, accompanied by a Marina Bay Sands branded gongfu tea set, making it a presentable gift for anyone.
Meticulously handcrafted, the mooncakes feature wellness ingredients and gourmet flavours with Asian origins: Low Sugar Premium Lotus Paste with Sunflower Seeds, Premium Pandan Lotus Paste and Hainanese Kaya, Okinawa Sugar Lotus Paste with Pumpkin Seeds, and Royal Milk Tea with Melon Seeds.
Promotion: 25% early bird discount when you pre-order before 20 August. Sands Rewards LifeStyle members enjoy a 20% discount and additional 10% earnings when they pre-order online from 21 August to 8 September.
Availability: Now till 10 September. Pre-order online, email [email protected] or call 6688 8588.
Address: 10 Bayfront Avenue, Hotel Lobby Tower 3, Singapore 018956
Mandarin Oriental, Singapore
Cherry Garden at Mandarin Oriental, Singapore celebrates Mid-Autumn Festival with a repertoire of traditional baked and snow skin mooncakes.
Making their debut in the traditional baked collection this season are the locally inspired Chestnut with Taro Coconut, featuring a harmonious combination of toasty aroma and smooth finish, and the Hongyu Black Tea Lotus with Pomelo, Citrus Peel and Pumpkin Seed, a tea and fruit pairing that exudes the fragrant and gentle notes of the Taiwanese black brew, perfectly instilled with fruity essence.
Perennial favourites including the Low Sugar Silver Lotus Paste with Double or Single Yolk will still feature in the collection.
A trio of flavours will add on to the eight-piece assorted mini snow skin mooncakes selection, alongside its signature favourite Lychee Martini and Chocolate Truffle.
Those with a penchant for Black Sesame Walnut Cream can look forward to savour the decadently rich, nutty notes in Black Sesame with Roasted Walnut, a unique twist to the traditional Chinese dessert loaded with nourishing goodness.
Another healthier addition is the Lemon Genmaicha, a luscious mix of the subtly sweetness of brown rice green tea with the delicate hint of lemon.
For a crunchy texture, opt for the Tangerine with Melon Seed, a citrus scented lotus paste filling studded with melon seeds.
Encased in elegant Oriental box adorned with floral motifs which can be re-purposed to store dainty trinkets with an additional tea tray at the bottom of the box. These traditional baked parcels are presented in set of two or four pieces, each housed in individual tins which can also be used as storage tins.
- Low Sugar Silver Lotus Paste with Double Yolk: S$52++ for box of two, S$86++ for box of four
- Low Sugar Silver Lotus Paste with Single Yolk: S$50++ for box of two, S$82++ for box of four
- Cherry Garden Four Treasures: S$84++ for box of four, with one of each flavour – Low Sugar Silver Lotus Paste with Double Yolk, Low Sugar Silver Lotus Paste with Single Yolk, Chestnut with Taro Coconut, Hongyu Black Tea Lotus with Pomelo, Citrus Peel and Pumpkin Seed
- Cherry Garden Two Treasures: S$50++ for box of two, with one of each flavour – Low Sugar Silver Lotus Paste with Single Yolk and Hongyu Black Tea Lotus with Pomelo, Citrus Peel and Pumpkin Seed
- Assortment of Mini Snow Skin Mooncakes: S$82++ for box of eight, with two of each flavour – Tangerine with Melon Seed, Black Sesame with Roasted Walnut, Lemon Genmaicha, Lychee Martini and Chocolate Truffle
Availability: Now till 10 September. Order online, email [email protected] or call 6885 3500.
Address: 5 Raffles Avenue, Singapore 039797
Plant-based diner Green Common presents the Vegan Custard Mooncakes this Mid-Autumn Festival.
Made with plant-based ingredients featuring a delicious mix of creamy eggless custard formula, the award-winning Miyoko’s organic vegan butter, and a golden casing made of coconut milk, flaxseed powder and agave syrup, this may not be a traditional recipe but is still a delightful treat.
Besides a guilt-free recipe, the packaging of the mooncake set also uses completely compostable paper trays and a plastic-free box that can be upcycled creatively into a multipurpose container for plants or stationeries.
Prices: S$54 for a box of four
Promotion: 15% discount if you order from 1 to 21 August.
Availability: Now till 10 September. Pre-order online.
Address: 1 HarbourFront Walk, VivoCity, #01-169/170, Singapore 098585
Hilton Singapore Orchard
Paying homage to tradition, look forward to a selection of Cantonese-style mooncakes in familiar flavours such as the Plain White Lotus and White Lotus with Single or Double Yolks.
The classic Plain White Lotus mooncake has a filling made of lotus seed paste that is smooth, lightly sweet and encased with a perfectly baked skin. Meanwhile, the White Lotus with Single or Double Yolks are the all-time favourites which balances out the sweetness of
the paste with the saltiness of the yolks.
Those who are looking for something more but want to retain the tastes of the classics can opt for the Osmanthus White Lotus. A modern take on the Plain White Lotus which is fragrant with subtle floral notes from the Osmanthus flowers, complementing the lotus paste filling.
The baked collection will not be complete without the Traditional Mixed Nuts mooncake. Comprising a mixture of nuts and seeds such as walnuts and almonds, it is the mooncake of choice for an added crunch and texture in every bite.
Each mooncake set is packed in an elegant pink box and tote bag; the former can double up as a jewellery box while the latter in pastel pink with minimalistic floral design, which is a nod to the hotel’s botanical theme, an ode to Orchard Road’s history as a plantation.
Both the box and bag are reusable and can be repurposed after use.
Prices: From S$82 per box of four pieces
Promotion: 30% discount if you order from before 26 August.
Availability: Now till 10 September. Pre-order online, email [email protected] or call 6737 4411.
Address: 333 Orchard Road, Level 5, Hilton Singapore Orchard, Singapore 238867
InterContinental Singapore unveils four limited edition handcrafted baked mooncakes in addition to its classic signatures, including the artisanal baked and tea-infused snow skin mooncakes.
Meticulously moulded into Man Fu Yuan’s signature rose, the exclusive Snow Skin Mooncake: Signature Tea Treasures feature enticing tea profiles all delicately paired with a sweet truffle centre.
Delight in refreshing flavours such as the Passionfruit Earl Grey which comprises classic earl grey tea with a tangy passionfruit truffle centre and Lychee Oolong – a fragrant TWG Maori Spring Tea infused creation paired with a lychee truffle centre.
For the adventurous palates, be treated to savoury sweet creations including Thai Cheese Milk Tea, a combination of the all-time favourite sweet Thai Milk Tea with savoury cream cheese truffle centre; and Sea Salt Caramel Rose – a light rose flower tea with a pop of caramel sea salt truffle centre that is sure to tickle your taste buds.
Those with a penchant for classics may enjoy the variety of perennial favourites, including their signature White Lotus Seed Paste with Double Yolk and Low Sugar White Lotus Seed Paste with Macadamia Nuts.
Other artisanal baked mooncakes, handcrafted to perfection includes the well-loved Red Lotus Seed Paste with Single or Double Yolk, and White Lotus Seed Paste with Assorted Nuts.
This year, to celebrate the communal aspect of the season, Executive Chinese Chef, Aaron Tan designed a premium gift collection featuring a charming ivory tea set. This exquisite set comes with four assorted baked mooncakes including Black Sesame, Sakura Shrimp, Pineapple Matcha, and Oolong Cashew – flavours that are set to impress at any gathering.
Another limited edition not to be missed is the exclusive InterContinental Negroni Truffle Snow Skin Mooncake, a decadent combination of premium white lotus seed paste and Negroni truffle centre – a luxurious creation with an incredible harmony of depth, texture, and flavour.
The mooncakes are housed in an elegant emerald box comprising motifs of flowers and butterflies, with the intention to capture the beauty of the season.
- Snow Skin Mooncake: Signature Tea Treasures: S$98 nett for a box of four, with one of each flavour – Passionfruit Earl Grey, Thai Cheese Milk Tea, Lychee Oolong, Sea Salt Caramel Rose
- White Lotus Seed Paste with Double Yolk: S$86 nett for four pieces
- White Lotus Seed Paste with Single Yolk: S$82 nett for four pieces
- Red Lotus Seed Paste with Double Yolk: S$82 nett for four pieces
- Red Lotus Seed Paste with Single Yolk: S$78 nett for four pieces
- Low-Sugar White Lotus Seed Paste with Macadamia Nuts: S$82 nett for four pieces
- White Lotus Seed Paste with Assorted Nuts: S$80 nett for four pieces
- InterContinental Negroni Truffle Snow Skin Mooncake: S$126 nett for four pieces
- Assorted Premium Baked Mooncakes: S$106 nett for box of four, with one of each flavour – Black Sesame, Sakura Shrimp, Pineapple Matcha, Oolong Cashew
Promotion: 30% discount on selected mooncakes if you order from before 17 August. 25% discount on selected mooncakes if you order between 18 August and 10 September.
Availability: Now till 10 September. Pre-order online, email [email protected] or call 6825 1131 / 1132.
Address: 80 Middle Rd, Level 1, Singapore 188966
Raffles Hotel Singapore
Look forward to two latest Snow Skin delights, Brass Lion Butterfly Pea Gin with Pandan and Lemongrass Snow-Skin Mooncake and Baileys Chocolate Truffle Snow-Skin Mooncake.
Specially crafted as a homage to Raffles Hotel Singapore’s 135th anniversary, the limited-edition Brass Lion Butterfly Pea Gin with Pandan and Lemongrass Snow-Skin Mooncake, was born out of an exclusive collaboration with Singapore’s first full-fledged micro-distillery, Brass Lion Distillery.
Baileys Chocolate Truffle Snow-Skin Mooncake, on the other hand, features a symphonic blend of fine cocoa and Arabica coffee, luxuriously intertwined with the rich and velvety flavours of Irish cream.
Three treasured handcrafted favourites makes a comeback this year: Earl Grey Tea and Pearl Snow-Skin Mooncakes (filled with a fragrant Earl Grey tea-infused milk chocolate ganache and crunchy puff cereal pearls engulfed in luscious dark chocolate), Yuzu and Osmanthus Truffle Snow-Skin Mooncake (spotlights a harmonious blend of aromatic osmanthus tea leaves that elevate the natural sweetness of the zesty yuzu), and Da Li Rose and Strawberry Snow-Skin Mooncake (inspired by Raffles Hotel’s Chinese restaurant, 藝 yì by Jereme Leung’s signature Da Li Rose Petal Ice Cream and features the sweetly fragrant Da Li Rose and Strawberry Chocolate).
A perennial well-loved favourite, the renowned signature Champagne Truffle Snow-Skin Mooncake is also back to delight you with its fragrant and creamy white lotus paste.
As for classic options, consider the well-loved Double Yolk with Macadamia Nuts and White Lotus Paste Mooncake, Pine Nuts with Macadamia Nuts and White Lotus Paste Mooncake, and Mother-of-Pearl with Single Yolk and White Lotus Paste Mooncake.
In celebration of Raffles Hotel Singapore’s 135th anniversary, the hotel’s delectable collection of mooncakes are exquisitely presented in an elegant ivory box; artfully embellished with intricate details of our remarkable façade steeped in rich heritage, provenance, and stories as a special tribute to the iconic Grand Dame.
- Champagne Truffle Snow Skin Mooncake: S$88 nett for box of eight
- Da Li Rose and Strawberry Snow-Skin Mooncake: S$86 nett for box of eight
- Earl Grey Tea and Pearl Snow-Skin Mooncake: S$86 nett for box of eight
- Yuzu and Osmanthus Truffle Snow-Skin Mooncake: S$86 nett for box of eight
- Baileys Chocolate Truffle Snow-Skin Mooncake: S$86 nett for box of eight
- Brass Lion Butterfly Pea Gin with Pandan and Lemongrass Snow-Skin Mooncake: S$118 nett for box of eight
- Pine Nuts, Macadamia Nuts and White Lotus Paste Baked Mooncake: S$86 nett for box of four
- Mother-of-Pearl with Single Yolk and White Lotus Paste Baked Mooncake: S$88 nett for box of four
- Double Yolk with Macadamia Nuts and White Lotus Paste Baked Mooncake: S$88 nett for box of four
Promotion: 20% off for online orders before 21 August. 15% off for in-store purchases before 14 August 2022. 10% off for in-store purchases before 21 August 2022. 20% off online orders for AMEX, Citibank, DBS/POSB, OCBC, Standard Chartered and UOB cardholders. Promotions not applicable for limited edition mooncakes.
Availability: Now till 10 September. Order online or email [email protected]
Address: 328 North Bridge Road, Raffles Arcade, Singapore 188719
PARKROYAL COLLECTION Marina Bay
Feast on traditional baked mooncakes by Peach Blossoms, which includes its signature Charcoal Black Sesame Paste with Melon Seeds and Gold Dust mooncakes, which are suitable for vegetarians, as well as crowd-favourite, Lychee with Wolfberries mooncakes, which have a refreshing floral and fruity twist.
Traditional favourites include the Single and Double Yolk, which are filled with velvety reduced-sugar lotus paste.
These mooncakes are housed in an elegant four-tier lantern tower mooncake box is crafted with paper board and medium-density fibreboard (MDF), which are predominantly made using wood fibre and unutilised wood shavings.
Beautifully adorned in elements of Chinoiseries peach tree flowers, along with majestic birds with soaring wings, this pretty-in-pink keepsake
box will undoubtedly draw attention and become a unique conversational piece among your ornamental displays at home or in the office.
Prices: From S$85++
Promotion: 15% discount for orders before 10 September.
Availability: Now till 10 September. Order online, email [email protected] or call 6845 1118.
Address: 6 Raffles Boulevard, Singapore 039594
The Fullerton Singapore
The Jade Signatures Mooncake Collection 2022 from The Fullerton Hotel Singapore showcases new and classic flavours with reduced sugar.
Traditional baked mooncakes make their annual return with two new flavours: Chestnut with Pistachio Baked Mooncake and Black Sesame with Hokkaido Milk Ginger Baked Mooncake.
The Chestnut with Pistachio Baked Mooncake brings the buttery sweetness of chestnut to the fore and is studded with pistachio for a vibrant pop of colour and crunch. The Black Sesame with Hokkaido Milk Ginger Baked Mooncake reveals subtly sweet black sesame paste warmed up with spicy notes of ginger, rounded off with Hokkaido milk for a creamy finish.
Two snow skin creations join the repertoire: Rose Bandung Snow Skin Mooncake and Pandan with Gula Melaka Snow Skin Mooncake, while the best-selling Osmanthus with Wolfberry Snow Skin Mooncake returns for a second year.
These mooncakes are presented in red or turquoise boxes, adorned with gold-accented imagery of peonies and the majestic peacock. The Baked Mooncake flavours are also available in a Premium Box with a wooden handle, making it ideal for gifting.
Prices: From S$78++
Promotion: 25% off Baked Mooncakes in the Classic box for orders before 4 August.
Availability: Now till 10 September. Order online or email [email protected]
Address: 1 Fullerton Square, Singapore 049178
Fullerton Bay Hotel Singapore
The Clifford Pier Mooncake Tingkat from The Fullerton Bay Hotel Singapore tells a tale of nostalgia about the bustling hawker scene that surrounded Clifford Pier in days of yore.
The new-edition tiffin carrier takes inspiration from the Peranakan heritage and contains four baked mooncakes in signature flavours: Baked Mixed Nuts with Satay Sauce, Baked Salted Lotus with Hae Bee Hiam, Baked Assam Lotus with Mango, and Baked Pandan Coconut with Chendol.
Availability: Now till 10 September. Order online or email [email protected]
Address: 80 Collyer Quay, Singapore 049326
Goodwood Park Hotel
Masterfully handcrafted by Hong Kong chefs in collaboration with the hotel’s culinary team, Goodwood Park Hotel has rolled out a repertoire of an all-new assortment of festive baked pastries including Traditional Wife Cake, Traditional Husband Cake, Traditional Teochew Cake as well as the Tiger Tubbies exclusive to this Year of the Tiger.
The quintessential snowskin mooncakes are also making a comeback with enticing new flavours like Ondeh Ondeh and Strawberry, along with perennial favorites – D24 and ‘Mao Shan Wang’.
Making a special return is the Durian Combo, this time featuring four different durian varieties – D24, ‘Mao Shan Wang’, the premium Black Thorn and all-new D88 durian, each encased within velvety smooth snow skin.
- Ondeh Ondeh: S$52 nett for two pieces, S$82 nett for four pieces
- Strawberry: S$48 nett for two pieces, S$75 nett for four pieces
- Durian Combo: S$116 nett for four pieces; 1 piece per flavour
- Tiger Tubbies: S$48 nett for eight pieces
- Traditional Wife Cake: S$38 nett for six pieces
- Traditional Husband Cake: S$38 nett for six pieces
- Traditional Teochew Cake: S$38 nett for six pieces
- Traditional Baked Pastries Combo: S$38 nett for six pieces; two pieces per flavour
- D24 Durian: S$62 nett for two pieces, S$90 nett for four pieces
- Mao Shan Wang Durian: S$74 nett for two pieces, S$110 nett for four pieces
- Black Thorn Durian: S$88 nett for two pieces, S$138 nett for four pieces
- Premium Duo: Black Thorn and Mao Shan Wang Durian, S$78 nett for two pieces, one piece per flavour; S$126 nett for four pieces, two pieces per flavour
- Mango with Pomelo: S$48 nett for two pieces, S$75 nett for four pieces
- Cempedak: S$52 nett for two pieces, S$82 nett for four pieces
- Blue Pea Flower with White Lotus Seed Paste and Melon Seeds: S$56 nett for two pieces, S$83 nett for four pieces
- Snowskin Combo: S$80 nett for four pieces; one piece per flavour – Strawberry, Mango with Pomelo, Cempedak and D24 Durian mooncake.
- Traditional Piglet Biscuit: S$22 nett for two pieces
- Assorted Nuts with Ham (‘Kum Toy’): S$62 nett for two pieces, S$99 nett for four pieces
- White Lotus Seed Paste with Melon Seeds: S$48 nett for two pieces, S$78 nett for four pieces
- Lotus Seed Paste with Double Yolk: S$53 nett for two pieces, S$88 nett for four pieces
- White Lotus Seed Paste with Single Yolk: S$53 nett for two pieces, S$88 nett for four pieces
- White Lotus Seed Paste with Double Yolk: S$58 nett for two pieces, S$92 nett for four pieces
- White Lotus Seed Paste with Four Yolks: S$62 nett for two pieces, S$99 nett for four pieces
- Baked Combo: S$88 nett for for pieces; 1 piece per flavour – White Lotus Seed Paste with Melon Seeds, White Lotus Seed Paste with Single Yolk, Lotus Seed Paste with Double Yolk, and Assorted Nuts with Ham (‘Kum Toy’).
- All guests will enjoy 25% off, and Goodwood Park Hotel Gourmet cardmembers will enjoy 30% off with a minimum purchase of two boxes before 18 August 2022.
- In celebration of Singapore’s 57th birthday, Citibank, DBS/POSB, HSBC, OCBC, UOB, Goodwood Park Hotel Gourmet cardmembers will enjoy additional 5.7% off with minimum spend of S$380 nett (before discount) in a single bill from 6 to 9 August 2022.
Availability: Now till 5 September. Order online or email [email protected] or call 6730 1868.
Address: 22 Scotts Road, Singapore 228221
ONE°15 Marina Sentosa Cove
ONE°15 Marina Sentosa Cove indulges mooncake lovers with a variety of mooncakes creatively infused with tropical flavours that are fixtures of Asian cuisine.
Highlights include Strawberry Mascarpone and Gula Melaka Lava. And if you crave more earthy flavours, treat yourself to a selection of traditional mooncakes with flavours such as White Lotus Paste with Double Yolks and smoky Assam Tea with Longan.
Strawberry Mascarpone, in particular, is the standout flavour that’s made with light, creamy mascarpone cheese sourced from Italy, as well as strawberry coulis simmered with lemon juice, for a refreshingly sweet treat. Then, this mooncake is finished with a dash of malibu for an extra kick.
A set of Snow Skin Mooncakes includes Strawberry Mascarpone, Gula Melaka Lava, Japanese Yuzu, and Premium Mao Shan Wang, and retails for S$78++.
A set of Traditional Mooncakes features the classic White Lotus with Double Yolks, White Lotus with Single Yolk, Mung Bean Pecan Pistachio, and Assam Tea with Longan, and retails for S$68++.
You can also consider the Dual Snow Skin & Traditional Mooncake set, which offers a mix of White Lotus with Double Yolks (Low Sugar), Mung Bean Pecan Pistachio, Gula Melaka Lava, and Strawberry Mascarpone to give you the best of both worlds. This retails for at S$68++.
Availability: Now till 10 September. Order online.
Address: 11 Cove Drive, #01-01 Sentosa Cove, Singapore 098497
PrimaDéli has launched an exciting mini snowskin mooncake collection that captures the flavours of Singapore’s favourite desserts and kuehs: Kueh Salat, Pulut Hitam, Ondeh Ondeh, Chendol, and Black Sesame Peanut are the flavours you can look forward to.
Besides these, crowd-favourite flavours such as Durian King, Mango Yuzu, Cookies & Cream, and Mylo are still available.
These can be enjoyed with the Royal Gift Set which features all nine flavours, priced at S$53.80 per box.
Besides creative flavours, PrimaDéli also traditional baked mooncakes. The new flavour introduced this year is the Yam with Salted Hokkaido Milk & Cashew Nuts Mooncake, which marries the silky blend of yam paste and salted hokkaido milk, with the nutty crunch of cashew nuts, for a balanced and well-rounded multi-textural experience.
Try it, along with classic flavours, with the Heavenly Mini Mooncake Gift Set, priced at S$55.30 per box, with nine mini baked mooncakes.
Promotion: 30% off with a minimum purchase of either a box of four regular-sized or nine mini-sized mooncakes. Valid before 24 August 2022. 15% off with a minimum purchase of either a box of four regular-sized or nine mini-sized mooncakes. Valid before 10 September 2022.
Availability: Now till 10 October at all PrimaDéli outlets.
Comvita Honey x Janice Wong
Comvita Honey has partnered Janice Wong Singapore to launch Comvita’s Honey-infused Mooncakes.
You can look forward to four flavours: Pear Manuka Honey, Biscoff Manuka Honey, Lavender Multifloral Honey, and Avocado Multifloral Honey, which are perfect for those who want to indulge in the season’s iconic desserts, naturally sweetened without sugar.
To ensure consumers can enjoy the above with every bite, each mooncake is infused with either Comvita Manuka Blend Honey or Comvita Multifloral Honey. Manuka Blend Honey has hints of pear and toffee with ripened aniseed, raisin, and a maple woodpile finish, and has a syrupy texture of medium viscosity. Multifloral Honey contains a blend of pasture and native bush honey as well as unique floral types giving that herbaceous and crisp with floral notes that are often likened to sweet caramel.
This is priced at S$88 for a tin of eight pieces.
Availability: Online. Limited quantities are available at Janice Wong’s stores in Great World City, i12 Katong, and Paragon.
Chocolate-lovers can consider GODIVA’s mooncake collection, which features eight gift boxes and one hamper; these house limited-edition mooncakes adorned with an imprint of Lady Godiva, and a mix of classic GODIVA signature chocolate pieces.
Look forward to six signature mooncake flavours developed by GODIVA’s innovative Chef Chocolatier Sébastien Bauer that are made with the finest ingredients, such as genuine Italian truffle and yuzu from Kochi, Japan.
Flavours include: Black Truffle Apricot Milk Chocolate Mooncake, Lychee Oolong Tea White Chocolate Mooncake, Matcha Kumquat White Chocolate Mooncake, Ginger Mango Dark Chocolate Mooncake, Passion Fruit Hazelnut Milk Chocolate Mooncake, and Raspberry & Rose Flavour White Chocolate Mooncake.
Availability: Now till 10 September. Order online, or at any of its four boutiques.
Address: Find all locations here
Yàn marks the annual celebration with an enticing collection of five signature baked mooncakes and a snowskin creation, along with two new premium tea blends – Melon Oolong and Cassia Black – specially curated to pair with the mooncakes.
Look forward to a range of flavours:
- Baked White Lotus Mooncakes with single or double salted egg yolks or macadamia nuts,
- Thousand Layer Yam Mooncakes are available plain or with a single yolk; this is a popular mainstay in the collection
- Mao Shan Wang Durian Snowskin Mooncake, which features creamy, bittersweet Mao Shan Wang durian pulp
Prices: From S$36 for a box of two. Box with mixed flavours are available at S$76.
Availability: Till 10 September. Order online
Address: 1 Saint Andrew’s Road, #05-02 National Gallery Singapore, Singapore 178957
Homegrown bakery Bread Garden has launched a full ensemble of mooncakes, consisting of perennial classics, all-time favourites, as well as a exciting new flavours.
Its highlight is the MSW Durian Mooncakes, featuring rich and creamy durian flesh, which are usually the first to sell out.
Besides good flavours, Bread Garden has also introduced 10 mooncake gift box sets in various configurations of double-tier and single-tier gift boxes. This means that you will certainly be able to find something that suits your gifting taste.
You’ll also be happy to know that Bread Garden is a Halal-certified bakery, making its mooncakes great for sharing among friends.
Availability: Until 10 September. Order online.
Address: Find all outlets here.